Special Label for Chinese Aerospace Bimetallic ¥10 Coin
Posted on 11/18/2015
Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) will offer a special label for the 2015 Chinese Aerospace Bimetallic ¥10 coin that is scheduled to be released on November 26, 2015. This circulating commemorative coin is comprised of two different copper alloys, a composition that was previously used for China’s highly popular 2015 Bimetallic Goat 10 Yuan.
NGC has created a special aerospace-themed label for these coins, which depict China’s Shenzhou-9 capsule docking with the Tiangong-1 space lab along with a history of flight. The label will be available for all submissions of the 2015 Chinese Aerospace coins, including those made at NGC’s December 2015 Shanghai on-site grading event.
NGC will also offer its popular “Early Releases” and “First Releases designations for 2015 Chinese Aerospace ¥10 coins received by NGC within 30 days of the coin’s release (November 26). For Early Releases and First Releases cutoff dates, click here.
- The NGC Aerospace Label will be the default label for all submissions of 2015 Chinese Aerospace ¥10 coins.
- To qualify for Early Releases or First Releases coins must be received at an NGC office before the Early Releases/First Releases cutoff date.
- For submissions to NGC’s US office, select the Modern tier or higher and select Special Label / Releases and check either Early Releases or First Releases.
- For submissions to NGC’s Hong Kong, China office, select the Modern tier or higher and select Special Label/Releases.
- For submissions to NGC’s Shanghai office, write either “Early Releases” or “First Releases” in bold letters on the NGC China Submission Form.
- Check the NGC website for Early Releases and First Releases cutoff dates. Special Label/Releases must be selected even if Early Releases or First Releases is not desired or if coins are received after the cutoff date for those designations.
- If you would prefer that NGC encapsulate these coins in its standard brown label, write “Use Standard NGC Label” in bold letters on the NGC Submission Form.
- If you would like the original packaging returned, select or write “Return Packaging” in bold letters on the NGC Submission Form. There will be an additional US $3 fee (20 RMB if submitted in China) per invoice if return packaging in selected.
In addition to the NGC Aerospace Label and Early Releases and First Releases designations, NGC will offer a “First Day of Issue” designation and label for coins received by NGC within one business day of the first day of issue. See the First Day of Issue submission instructions below. Coins with the First Day of Issue designation will be listed separately in NGC’s online Census.
First Day of Issue Submission Instructions
- All coins must be received at an NGC office by 10:00am on November 27.
- Write “First Day of Issue” in bold letters on the NGC Submission Form.
- There is a minimum submission requirement of 100 coins for this designation.
- An additional fee of US $10 (or 65 RMB if submitted in China) per coin will apply for the special designation verification and attribution.
- The default label will be the NGC Aerospace Label.
- If you would like the NGC First Day of Issue label, write “First Day of Issue Label” in bold letters on the NGC Submission Form.
Along with the Chinese Aerospace ¥10 coin, China will issue a Chinese Aerospace ¥100 commemorative note. PMG, an independent affiliate of NGC, will offer First Day of Issue, Early Releases and First Releases designations and a special label for qualifying notes. For more information, visit the PMG website.
All submissions in China must be made to an Official Submission Center. For a list of Official Submission Centers in China, click here. Paid NGC Collector members and NGC Authorized Dealers may submit directly to NGC in Hong Kong (China) and the United States. Not a member? Join today!
Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service:
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free NGC eNewsletter today!